Thursday, April 10, 2014

I is for Idealism


 Idealism, the term came to me while looking for I words.  I have missed two posts for the A to z challenge and wanted to make sure, I got back into the game with I.  

An Ideal is not a bad thing, but in some cases like some in my family have can be harmful. 

Now, let me explain the term as I understand it, I have come to believe that bigotry is a idealism that runs deep. It runs through families and is passed down from generation to generation.


Until, there comes along a person born to a family that stops the madness, this person is not like the family and has ideals that involve equality and inclusion.

I had to go see my family recently and my thought was why do I put myself in this situation, when I know that my family is the wrong place to seek security.  I have to listen to them talk about undesirable people or use words to describe people that have no use in language expect to be hateful and put people down. 

I consider this kind of thinking to be inbred because each generation has the same idealism that promotes hate

And then theirs me, There Gay daughter who believes in equality.

It saddens me that I have to make choices to limit my visit because I do not want to be included in that kind of backward thinking. 








2 comments:

  1. It's a lot of work to keep that equality going, I know this is going to sound triate, but at least it stops with you, you are the one that will change it. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I know that stopping the dysfunctional cycle of my family is important I just wish that it was an easier process sometimes.

      Delete