Saturday, April 19, 2014

Q is for Qualified

Full disclosure, it can be a paradox, when you feel kept down and encouraged at the same time, very confusing.    

I have been speaking of my past in hopes that anyone struggling with, breaking out of the cultural box of religion, sexual orientation, and low self efficacy.

I have spoken about my past and all the hurdles I have had to overcome, all of those hurdles have made me stronger and pushed me to become educated and help others.

I have had to work hard at not listening to the programmed messages that play in the background of my mind about work, love, and my worthiness.  

We all have programmed messages, even if we are not aware of them.


Qualifying myself through education, paid for by myself, has brought me to another level of brilliance, because I believe it, and even though my family still does not see it as beneficial; it is to me and that is what counts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment